Welcome to our consent form
Massage is a safe, non-invasive and relaxing treatment that is great for both your body and mind. However, there are times when a massage treatment may not be suitable. These circumstances are known as ‘contraindications’ and are broken down into three categories: Total (when you shouldn’t have a massage), Local (when you can have a massage but the therapist will need to avoid the affected area) and Medical (when you should consult with your healthcare provider before receiving massage).
Please read about all of these below to be sure that you’re OK to book and enjoy a Kneader Onsite Massage:
Total Contraindications (when you shouldn’t have a massage)
- Fever or any contagious diseases or conditions (including colds and flu)
- If you’re under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including prescription pain medication)
- Neuritis (painful inflammation of a nerve) or any nerve-based conditions such as Bell’s palsy or acute trapped/pinched nerves
- Any skin conditions and/or skin diseases, such as acute eczema, psoriasis or skin cancer
Local Contraindications (inform the therapist so that they can avoid the affected area if it’s in the area to be massaged)
- Bruising, acne, sunburn, recent scars, cuts or abrasions
- Any undiagnosed inflammation or pain
- Varicose veins
- Localised arthritis or rheumatism
- Localised psoriasis or eczema
Medical Contraindications (when you should consult your healthcare provider about getting a massage)
Please note that many people with the conditions below can benefit from massage, but you need to make sure that it’s safe for you to do so.
- Pregnancy (if you’re in your first trimester and/or have a history of miscarriages – please let your therapist know you’re pregnant!)
- Cardiovascular conditions, including thrombosis, phlebitis, hypertension and heart conditions (such as angina or those with pacemakers)
- High blood pressure
- If you’ve been affected by a stroke or had any recent accidents or operations within the last 6 months
- Gynecological infections or conditions
- Any physical or mental conditions that you are either taking medication and/or receiving professional treatment for
If you can answer ‘Yes’ to any of these, please email email@example.com ASAP to discuss your details before booking your massage session.
*Please note that you will be required to sign a health waiver form prior to receiving your massage to confirm that you have read the contraindication sheet and are OK to have massage that day. Also, please read our Massage Aftercare Sheet , as this information is an important consideration that may help you in booking your Kneader Massage appointment.